Friday, January 06, 2006

Change of Scenery

Well, my stint at 3 Day Blinds will soon be over. Today, I accepted a Programmer position with Database Marketing Group, which will begin on Monday, January 23.

I'll be using alot of the same tools at that new place that I did at 3db - C#, T-SQL primarily with a little bit of VB and classic ASP (for maintenance). DMG will give me a better salary and more opportunity for advancement. They were also very willing to work with my schedule, since some days I need to be home earlier to be with Holden while Joana is at work.

The commute is going to be a bit rougher (took me about 45 minutes to get there this morning from home), but I haven't really investigated the fastest route yet, so I'm hoping to get the drive down to under 30 minutes one way, on average.

I'm really excited about this. As my friend Darrell would always say, "you don't know how good you are at something until you've done it at two or more places." I totally agree.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted, yada yada yada...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home