Friday, December 16, 2005

Party Photos and BitMail

Here are the pictures I promised from last night's gathering.

So, I started seriously pipe-dreaming about how cool my little Bittorrent/email app could be. I dreamt of platform independence, the ability to use any old BT client program, response emails, etc. Then I realized something:

Nobody is really going to use this, except for me.

Having made that brilliant discovery, I pretty much changed it so that it runs fine on my Mac. It'd run fine on other platforms with a few very small modifications, but I didn't bother abstracting that stuff out to make it easily configurable. Call me lazy, but I just got tired of it not being finished.

Now, if any of you blokes out there want to futz around with it, you can get the latest version by issuing this command (obviously, you'll need to install darcs - darwinports has it, if you're on a Mac):

darcs get http://inkedmn.homelinux.org:8000/repos/BitMail

Oh, and it's called BitMail now :)

Anyway, try it out and stuff.

1 Comments:

At 3:48 AM, December 19, 2005, Blogger rotatef said...

darcs doesn't like that repo. It's missing the _darcs directory, for starters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home