Monday, January 23, 2006

uh... PSYCHE.

Ok, so I'm still at good ol' 3DB.

Friday afternoon, as I'm about to walk out the door forever, the Director of Development comes by my desk and asks to speak to me privately. We go to his office, and he asks me what it will take to keep me.

I was a bit floored that he waited until (literally) 20 minutes before I was going to leave forever, but I told him anyway. He said that he'd speak to the CFO and call me. So, I left.

A few minutes later, I'm at home and the phone rings. He tells me that they'd like to give me my developer job back and a pay increase (but a bit vague on the actual amount). I asked that he get an exact figure and call me back. 20 minutes later, he did.

It was more than DMG was going to pay me, but it was still a tough call.

Long story short, I decided to stay at 3 Day. The price was right, I was going to be programming full time again, and there were a myriad of less consequential factors.

So, that's that. I'm back in the dev office, headphones on, hacking away like before. Except now, I'm getting paid a buttload more money to do it :) Life is good.

1 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, January 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Things work out funny sometimes.

herk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home