Thursday, February 09, 2006

I Thought You Weren't Political?

Well, it's true, I'm really not. The reasons why are for another time in another post. But, I don't consider this action/feeling to be politically motivated. Read on...

You might've noticed the new white banner on the top right corner of the page. The ONE Campaign's purpose is to divert 1% of the US budget toward eliminating AIDS and extreme poverty in Africa. I found one.org after reading Bono's speech at the National Prayer Breakfast (turns out he's not the super-inflammatory left-wing artist-turned-political-monday-morning-quarterback that I thought he was). In short, I found his talk to be inspiring. I read one.org and found that thought it was a hell of a plan. So, I'm onboard.

Not sure if it's the fact that I'm a new father (which I think is quite a heart-softener in itself) or what. But I'm saddened and a bit distressed by what I've read. These people are somebody's loved ones. And life is precious.

Go to One.org - read about the campaign, sign the declaration if you dig it.

2 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, February 09, 2006, Blogger Munkee said...

amen.

 
At 11:39 AM, February 15, 2006, Blogger Stephen Wuebker said...

Great charity, but those banners break the flag and next blog buttons at the top, which is really annoying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home