Thursday, October 27, 2005

Google Base

(I'm really in rapid-fire mode with these posts tonight. I digress...)

The tech community has been aflutter with talk of Google's next big thing - Google Base. The idea is that users will be able to submit their own content (not to be vague, but the content can be literally anything) for Google to index and make searchable. This does smack of big-brother-ness a bit, but being a Complete Google Whore, I'm thinking this could be a very cool idea. I've read that this idea is, in part, designed to oust the likes of Ebay and Craigslist. Not sure how I feel about that...

Here's the Google blog entry that alludes to the new software. Hopefully we'll see a beta release soon (and that it won't blow crapcakes like Google Reader).

Last thing - go bid on my Newcastle Bar Sign and my MxPx 7" records.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home