Monday, October 10, 2005

A Pyramid Evening once again...

Enjoyed two different Pyramid brews last night, both of which were quite good.

The first was the Apricot Weizen. Now, as I've said before, I'm not a big fan of hefeweizen in general, but I dediced to give this a try based on a friend's recommendation, as well as my past experience with this particular brewery. My initial reaction was that it was too sweet, but the beer grew on me a bit as I drank it. The aroma is (obviously) very fruity and light, as was the initial taste. There was a slight amount of tart near the end, but I'm afraid the finish was a little thinner and weaker than what I generally like. The apricot flavor was in just the right amount, though - definitely there, but not intrusive.

I did like it, but I think I'd need to be in a pretty special mood to choose it over something else. It has piqued my curiousit about other wheat beers, though.

Now, the second selection for the evening was the India Pale Ale. This one was definitely my favorite of the two, as it had a much stronger aroma and a powerful combination of flavors. The bitterness at the finish is probably my favorite characteristic, but it's a big gun from sip to swallow. Not for the faint of heart, this one was definitely intense.

Later this week I hope to pick up some more craft beers, and you can bet your sweet aspercream that I'll be posting my thoughts and reactions right here.

2 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, October 10, 2005, Blogger Mo_Freaka2009 said...

I stay in ohio..that drink looks really refresing..Is that beer or some kinda of Ginger Ale?

 
At 3:18 PM, October 10, 2005, Blogger Brett said...

They are both beer - Weizen is a beer made with wheat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home