Monday, October 31, 2005

"We'll Talk Later"

I don't know why, but this is probably my least favorite thing to hear (along with it's cousins "we need to talk" and "I need to talk to you about something, but not now"). Don't tell me that. if you want to talk to me, then talk. Don't tell me I'm going to get scolded later but not tell me why. My Dad used to pull that shit -

Him: "You and I need to chat after dinner tonight"
Me: "OK, What about?"
Him: "We'll talk after dinner"

Clearly, he wanted to be able to blindside me. The less time I have to consider the issue that we'll be discussing, the more likely it is that I'll be unable to formulate a coherent response (at least, not one that he'd find satisfactory). It's actually a pretty lame tactic for having an advantage in what would certainly escalate into an argument. I also understand that they could avoid telling me to avoid having the conversation right then and there, but that's equally lame.

It all just seems very childish to me. If you want to talk, let's talk. But please don't give me this junior high teaser bullcrap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home