Tuesday, October 04, 2005

"You pay for the look, not for the technology"

I actually heard somebody say this (about Apple computers) at a party recently. I was dumbfounded, because this guy was supposedly a "computer guy". I've been using a Mac for about 5 weeks now, and Linux for about 2.5 years, so I'm not (totally) talking out of my arse when I say that Windows couldn't hold a candle to either one.

True, Macs are more expensive than PC's, but Corvettes are more expensive than Miatas too, and that doesn't seem to bother anybody. Apple computers are also solid setups with a bombass operating system sitting on top, not just eye candy (though they are that as well).

Found an essay by Paul Graham that better states the case for macs, check it out.

Nonsensical post... check.

1 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, October 05, 2005, Blogger Beniy said...

So the Gungans use Macs, huh? That makes me a little uneasy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home