Thursday, November 24, 2005

I wrote a program!

So, many times throughout the day, somebody in #gh or something will link to a torrent they're downloading. Even if I have the time, I prefer not to download things onto my work computer just because it's not the time or the place. But, invariably, I'll forget all about it by the time I get home to my own computer. Well, those days are over...

Introducing a little hack called AutoAzureus. Basically, you email your .torrent files to a special email account and this little guy will poll the mailbox, download any messages, extract .torrent files, and feed them into Azureus. It's pretty much fully tested under Windows XP, and I still have to write (or, if somebody were feeling particularly adventurous, they could write) the *nix implementation.

Here's what you need to do:
  • Get an extra email account - Gmail is perfect for this, email me if you need an invite
  • Install Python 2.4
  • Install Azureus
  • Go through AA.conf and fill in the values appropriate to your environment.
  • Extract it and exeute
If Azureus isn't running it will be started. If it IS running, the .torrent file will be loaded into Azureus.

You can download this thing here...

Feedback LOVED.

3 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, November 27, 2005, Blogger scizrboy said...

umm.....Brett is really cool?

 
At 3:01 PM, November 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

inkedmn++

-Dangah

 
At 11:44 PM, November 27, 2005, Blogger Brett said...

Aw, come on Tom, I thought you'd totally dig this :\

 

Post a Comment

<< Home